Recent years have shown a growing popularity of Judaica gifts. Israeli artists, such as Yair Emanuel and Ester Shahaf have produced popular judaica gifts that are exhibited all around the world. These contemporary Judaica artists elegantly deliver the 2000 years old Jewish heritage with their own imagination, while adding a modern twist. Jewish art makes a wonderful source of original Judaica gifts that carry symbolism of the Jewish culture. Here at Canaan-Online we bring you an exclusive collection of unique Judaica gifts by Israel's finest artists. Our hand-picked collection includes Hanukkah menorahs, Seder plates, mezuzah cases and much more.
- Talitania Acrylic Tallit$17.12 - $46.35
- Yemenite Polished Shofar - Extra LargeSizes: 40"-44"$126.92 - $146.07
- Talitania Wool Tallit$37.27 - $98.75
- Set of Machine Made Tzitzit$3.98
- Expandable Family Candelabra by AgayofFor 3-18 arms$1,007.69 - $806.15
- Undershirt Style Tallit Katan - Adult Size$12.08 - $14.10
- Kosher Basic Mezuzah Scroll - AshkenazSize: 6cm / 2.4" - 12cm / 5"$33.20 - $37.23
- Odor Neutralizer Spray for Shofar$7.00
- Jerusalem Tallit tied with handmade Ashkenaz thick tzitzit and techelet$112.86
- Kosher Basic Mezuzah Scroll - SefardicSize: 6cm / 2.4" - 12cm / 5"$33.20 - $37.23
- White Tallit Set with Purple Flowers by Ronit Gur$183.40
- Polished Rams Horn Shofar - SmallSize 9"-12"$20.10 - $21.11
- Talitania Prima AA Tallit$80.60 - $107.81
- Standard Chanukah CandlesHeight: 4"$5.03
- Tallit Katan with Tzitzit$6.04 - $12.08
- Kosher Standard Mezuzah Scroll - AshkenazSize: 6cm / 2.4" - 15cm / 6"$35.26 - $56.33
- White Tallit Set with Magenta Flowers by Ronit Gur$183.40
- Cool Mesh Tallit Katan$7.05 - $11.07
- Undershirt Style Tallit Katan - Children$10.48 - $13.10
- Polished Rams Horn Shofar - Medium SizeSize 13"-14"$29.23
- White Tallit Set with Lavender Star flower Design by Ronit Gur$203.05
- Lightweight blue Techelet - Radzin$16.11 - $22.16
- Polished Medium Yemenite ShofarSizes: 24"-33"$59.40 - $100.72
- White Tallit Set with Pink Star flower Design by Ronit Gur$203.05
- Bnei Ohr Josephs Coat Tallit$42.31 - $90.68
- Talitania Wool Tallit Katan$14.41 - $24.76
- Polished Yemenite Shofar - LargeSizes: 34"-39$104.80 - $111.35
- White Tallit Set with Shiny Purple flower Design by Ronit Gur$203.05
- Small Shofars for Children$15.07
- 50 Floating Wicks in Box$2.97
- White Tallit Set with Bright Pink Design by Ronit Gur$203.05
- Talitania Silk Tallit$18.34 - $43.49
Judaica gifts - wonderful gifts with symbolic significance
The field of Jewish art has produced many original Judaica gifts. Judaica gifts are commonly given on special occasion in the Jewish home, such as Bat Mitvah, Jewish weddings.
Jewish art- a great source of unique Judaica gifts
The origins of Judaica art can be traced centuries ago. The bible (the book of Exodus) tells us about a Hebrew craftsman named Bezalel who made handcrafted religious objects. Throughout history Judaica art has become a wonderful way for Jewish people to express their love and admiration for religious ritual : this was a way to show that God's commandments are accepted with love and not as a burden. Judaica art has also allowed the believers to express their fascination with the world of aesthetics and beauty. Many people around the world, even non-Jews, collect Judaica gifts, whether for religious purposes or as part of their art collections.
What do Judaica gifts include?
Judaica gifts include many kinds of ceremonial objects. Judaica means everything that is related to Judaism. When we say Judaica art, we refer to a wide range of objects used in religious rituals. This group also includes ornamental objects that include Jewish motifs, such as Jewish jewelry accessories. Most common Judaica gifts in the religious objects category include:Hanukkah menorahs, Mezuzah cases, Passover Seder plates, Shabbat candlesticks and much more. The field of Judaica art has responded to changing social norms. For example, Judaica gifts today give a special place to women. And so we can find Jjudaica artists who design special Tallits (Tallitot) for women and new feminist ritual articles, such as Miriam's cup that celebrates the significance of women in the bible.
Judaica art is a field that keeps on growing and developing. Thanks to modern technology, there is a wide array of Judaica gifts accessible almost everywhere around the world. Today Judaica gifts decorate many Jewish homes, in contrast to only few decades ago, when they could be found mostly in synagogues.
Judaica gifts enjoy growing poularity
As Judaica gifts have become more wide spread and more affordable, Judaica art has become a great source of ornamental objects that people decorate their home with. In Judaism in particular there are many ceremonies and traditions to recognize, and so Judaica makes the perfect way to enter religion into our life with our admiration for beauty. Many people like to collect Judaica gifts in a particular category such as Hanukkah menorahs or Seder plates.
People enjoy purchasing Judaica gifts because it enriched religious rituals and home interiors. In keeping with the Jewish principle of Hiddur Mitzvah, Judaica gifts became a way of embellishing and beautifying Sabbath and holidays. Hiddur mitzvah reflects the Talmudic idea that God's commandment should not only be observed, but also glorified. According to Jewish tradition, it is a high merit to keep ritual objects as beautiful as possible in order to glorify God's commandments. As a result, Judaica artworks have produced religious objects such as decorative Shabbat candlesticks to welcome Shabbat the queen with glory.
As you will soon discover, Judaica art often incorporates traditional Jewish motifs. The most popular motifs are the Star of David and Hamsa hand that can be found on numerous Jewish jewelry accessories, but also on religious objects such as menorah or candlesticks. You can also find motifs that represent of the land of Israel, such as the landscape of Jerusalem, the seven species that the land of Israel was blessed with.
Israeli-made Judaica gifts Israeli-made Judaica gifts have gained a world-wide reputation for its unique handmade products. In the last decades, Israeli Judaica has transformed from tourist gifts to works of art. In the world Judaica, Israel artists are recognized for being the producers of some of the most popular Judaica gifts for customers from all over the world. Artists, such as Yair Emanuel and Ester Shahaf are leading designers in the field of Judaica. Israeli-made Judaica gifts are unique because they bring together many elements while satisfying the nostalgic craving for our ancient heritage. These elements include western and modern influences that express the Israeli multicultural society.